Dream a dream with Susan Boyle
"Put it this way, a woman who went on Britain’s Got Talent with mad hair, bushy eyebrows and the frock that I was wearing that night had to be noticed. It was a good choice at the time”
• Born Susan Magdalene Boyle on 1st April 1961 in Blackburn, Scotland
• Susan Boyle is a Scottish, Grammy Award nominated singer who shot to fame overnight following her incredible audition on Britain's Got Talent
• Susan was the youngest of eight siblings born into a musical family. At birth she suffered mild brain damage that caused her learning difficulties
• Before she rocketed to stardom Susan was an unemployed church volunteer who sang mainly in her Catholic church choir and at karaoke nights in local pubs
• When her father passed away in 1997 she became full-time carer for her mother. The two were very close and used to watch Britain's Got Talent together – it was her mum who encouraged Susan to go on the show
• In April 2009 Susan wowed the Britain's Got Talent judges and 10 million TV viewers with her rendition of “I Dreamed a Dream” from Les Misérables. The performance became the most watched YouTube clip of 2009!