Join Shearer in the locker room!
You never get fed up scoring goals
• Born Alan Shearer on 13th August 1970 in Newcastle upon Tyne, England
• Alan Shearer is a retired football player, widely regarded to have been one of the best strikers in English footballing history
• While playing for amateur team Wallsend Boys Club Alan was spotted by a Southampton scout and soon made his way into their first team
• During his full professional debut Alan scored a hat-trick in Southampton's 4-2 victory against Arsenal. At 17 years and 240 days old it made him the youngest player to score a hat-trick in the top division
• In 1996, after an impressive stint at Blackburn Alan joined his beloved home-town club, Newcastle United, in a record-breaking £15.6 million transfer. Of his 206 goals for Newcastle, 49 were scored with his head!
• Alan became a regular in the England squad and was made Captain in 1996. He made a total of 63 appearances for his country and scored 30 goals