Hit The Bull with Phil 'The Power' Taylor
“Bottle, that's the thing... not cracking when you're under pressure. In darts, you make all your own luck - that's the big difference”
• Born Philip Douglas Taylor on 13th August 1960 in Stoke-on-Trent, England
• Growing up in Stoke, Taylor spent five years in a terraced house with no hot water, collecting copper wire from derelict sites to help pay the bills. After leaving school at 15 he took on a number of jobs: delivering meat, making handles for toilet chains and beer pumps
• Taylor’s father Doug introduced him to darts; he would beat Welsh national champions on caravanning holidays to win bottles of wine! It was his mum Liz who gave him the desire for victory
• Taylor became the protégé of Eric Bristow, the 'Crafty Cockney', who'd won the Embassy World Championship in Stoke in 1985. By the early Nineties, title after title started to go ‘The Power's’ way
• Phil has a powerful image, known for wearing spangled shirts, a green glitter cape with Power on the back, glitter shades, a baseball cap and a Zapata moustache
• Taylor is set to be the first darts player in history to earn £1 million in 12 months. After his sitting with Madame Tussauds sculptors Phil kindly donated the costume for his wax figure including his darts!