Behind the Scenes
Look behind the scenes: Learn step by step about the complexity of creating one of our lifelike wax figures
Did you know...
- 500 precise body and facial measurements are taken
- Each wax figure costs around £150,000 to make
- Each strand of ethically sourced hair is individually inserted by hand
- Each wax figure takes 3-4 months to make
- We use oil paints, not make-up to create the finish on the heads and bodies
- Over 20 skilled artists are used in the making of each wax figure
Find out some amazing facts about the history of Madame Tussauds
Each strand of human hair is inserted one at a time!
Immortalize your own hand in wax!