It's much easier to make people cry than to make them laugh
- Vivien Leigh is portrayed here as ‘Scarlett O’Hara’ in Gone with the Wind (1939) a performance that earned her an Academy Award® for Best Actress
- Gone with the Wind (1939) was the first production to receive ten Academy Awards®, making it one of Hollywood’s most iconic films
- Leigh considered calling herself “April Morn” as a stage name before finally settling with the name “Vivien Leigh”
- Born Vivien Mary Hartley on November 5, 1913 in Darjeeling, West Bengal, India
- Died July 5, 1967 in London, England
Vivien won an Academy Award in 1940 for her role as Scarlett O'Hara, see her acceptance speech here:
Which is your very favorite Vivien Leigh line?
From Vivien Leigh's many movies - which is your favorite line?
Book the Priority Access ticket online today and SAVE 20%. You will enjoy the benefits of not having to stand in line on the day of your visit! Book Now!