I believe that as much as you take, you have to give back. It's important not to focus on yourself too much
- Kidman made her U.S debut in the at-sea thriller Dead Calm (1989). She has since then starred in numerous films such as Moulin Rouge! (2001), Cold Mountain (2003) and Australia (2008).
- She was awarded an Oscar® and Golden Globe for her role as Virginia Woolf in The Hours (2002)
- She met her second husband, country singer Keith Urban at G'Day LA, an event honoring Australians in January 2005.
- The couple have a daughter, born Sunday Rose Kidman Urban, on 7 July 2008, along with her two adopted children, Isabella and Connor from her first marriage to actor Tom Cruise
- Kidman's first stage role was as a sheep at her elementary school’s Christmas pageant
- Born Nicole Mary Kidman on June 20, 1967 in Honolulu, Hawaii