Oops she did it again...
Britney Spears is an American singer, dancer and actress. She started her career on the television series The New Mickey Mouse Club. Spears signed a recording contract with Jive Records, releasing her debut album …Baby One More Time in 1999 which debuted at number one on the Billboard 200. The success of the album propelled Spears into stardom, establishing her as a pop icon and "bona fide pop phenomenon", credited for influencing the revival of teen pop in the late 1990s.
Spears's personal life began to gain substantial media attention after her marriage to Kevin Federline in 2004. Their marriage ended two years later. They have just settled their custody issues over their first child, born in 2005 and their second child, born in 2006.
- December 2, 1981: Britney Jean Spears was born
- 1992: First appearance on national television as a contestant on the Star Search program
- 1993-94: The New Mickey Mouse Club
- 1999: Released …Baby One More Time
- 2000-03: Released Oops!… I Did It Again, Britney and In the Zone
- 2007: Released Blackout
- 2009: Released "3", her third single to top the Billboard 100