Moonwalk next to the world’s most famous pop star
With 750 million record sales behind him, Jackson was one of the most creative artists pop music has ever seen. Making the crossover from child prodigy to adult superstar, his album, Thriller, is the biggest selling record of all time. Never far from controversy, Jackson is justifiably one of the most famous people on the planet.
- Born on August 29, 1958 in Gary, Indiana.
- The King of Pop; Jackson was the best-selling male pop artist of the Millennium. He rose to fame as the youngest member of the Jackson 5 in 1968. His solo album Off The Wall (1979) was the first to provide four top ten U.S. hits for an artist. Thriller (1982) became the bestselling album of all time, selling 65 million copies.
- Jackson was due to begin a series of sold-out concerts billed as the “final curtain call” when, while rehearsals for the show were under way, he suffered a cardiac arrest at his home, and was later pronounced dead at the UCLA Medical Center. His memorial service, held at the Staples Center in LA, was broadcast live around the world and was watched by over 31 million U.S. households, and an estimated audience of 1 billion people worldwide.
- Jackson had sittings with Madame Tussauds sculptors in 1984 and 1989, where measurements, footage and reference photos were taken for the making of his wax figures. He visited Madame Tussauds London in 1985 and 2005 for special behind the scenes tours and signed Madame Tussauds archived signature books.
- Passed away at the age of 50 on June 25, 2009 in Los Angeles, California.