Born February 10, 1988
Saint Michael, Barbados
- Came to the US from Barbados at age 16 to pursue a career in singing. After auditioning for Jay-Z, she signed a recording label with Def Jam Recordings.
- Her first hit, “Pon De Replay” in 2005 made it to the Billboard Top 10, and in less than a year, produced her second album, in which her song “SOS” became her first number one single.
- She has achieved 11 number one singles on the Billboard Hot 100.
- She has won 5 American Music Awards, 18 Billboard Music Awards, 2 BRIT Awards, 5 Grammy Awards and is the highest-selling digital artist in US history.
- She is known for reinventing her style and image with every album (7), changing her appearance with several different hairstyles.
"When I am putting looks together, I dare myself to make something work. I always look for the most interesting sihouette or something that’s
a little off, but I have to figure it out.
I have to make it me."