Tell the worlds favorite TV meanie exactly what you think of him!
From A+R man to international TV legend, Cowell has smashed the dreams of millions yet he still knows a star when he sees one. The brains behind X Factor and American Idol is known for his bluntness and the often controversial criticisms, insults, and wisecracks he makes about contestants and their singing abilities - or lack of them.
- 1959: Born in Brighton, East Sussex
- 1981: Finds work at independent record label, Fanfare Records
- 1986: Has first hit with Sinitta’s So Macho (with Stock Aitkin and Waterman)
- 1989: Becomes A+R consultant for BMG
- 1998: Signs Westlife
- 2001: Launches Pop Idol in the UK
- 2002: Launches American Idol in the US
- 2004: Launches X Factor
- 2006: Launches America’s Got Talent
- 2007: Judges Britain’s Got Talent
- 2010: Final season on American Idol