Show some sisterly love to the star of Sister Act
Actress, comedienne, radio host, TV personality, game show host, singer, rapper and author, Goldberg has won an Oscar, a Grammy, an Emmy and a Tony. One of the few people who can be identified simply by their first name, the star of "Sister Act" is one of the most recognizable women on the planet.
- 1955: Born Caryn Elaine Johnson in New York City
- 1981: Makes first screen appearance in "Citizen: I’m Not Losing My Mind I’m Giving it Away"
- 1984: Catches Steven Spielberg’s eye while performing Citizen on Broadway
- 1986: Wins Golden Globe for "The Color Purple"
- 1990: Wins Best Supporting Actress Oscar for "Ghost"
- 1992: Stars in "Sister Act"
- 1994: Becomes the first black woman to host the Academy Awards
- 2007: Takes over as host for ABC Talk Show, The View