Step up to the Crease with Sachin Tendulkar
Sachin Tendulkar is an Indian Cricketer, often regarded as the greatest batsman in the history of cricket. He set a new record in 2008 for the highest number of runs in Test cricket history.
- 1973: Born Sachin Ramesh Tendulkar in Mumbai
- 1984: Gained a strong interest in cricket whilst at high school and was mentored by the revered coach Ramakant Achrekar
- 1988: aged just 15, Tendulkar scored 100 not-out in his debut first-class match making him the youngest cricketer to score a century on his first-class debut.
- 1989: he made his Test debut, aged just 16, against Pakistan
- 1995: Gets married and subsequently has two children
- 2008: was made the icon player and captain for his home side, the Mumbai Indians, in the inaugural Indian Premier League Twenty20 competition
- October 2008: Sachin recorded the most runs in Test Match cricket, surpassing the record previously set by Brian Lara. He is the first batsman to reach 12,000 runs