Take the wheel with Carrie Underwood
The unstoppable, sensational Carrie Underwood joins the stars in Times Square! Hitting #1 with every single she has released, Carrie is a three-time Grammy award winner along with awards from the ACM, AMA, CMA, Billboard, People’s Choice and the unforgettable moment as the 2005 American Idol winner.
Carrie generously donated a replica of the dress that she wore to the 2006 CMA Awards, when she was first named Female Vocalist of The Year, to Madame Tussauds for her figure to don. The dress was designed by Trish Townsend and constructed by Dez Zamek.
- 1983: born Carrie Marie Underwood in Muskogee, Oklahoma
- 2001: graduated Checotah High School, going onto to graduate from Northeastern State University in 2006
- 2004: selected as the runner-up for the Miss NSU Pageant
- 2005: crowned the 4th season winner of the hit show American Idol and released her debut album, Some Hearts, that became the best-selling female country album of 2005, 2006, and 2007, selling over 6 million copies
- 2007: released her 2nd album titled Carnival Ride featuring the hit single, Just A Dream