Swing your hips with the King
Bringing together white country music with black rhythm and blues was just the beginning... Ever since his first hip swinging appearance on The Milton Berle Show in 1956, music changed forever.
Under the guidance of "Colonel" Tom Parker, Presley scored 23 US #1 songs in his lifetime and became the biggest star that rock and roll has ever seen.
- January 8, 1935: Elvis Aaron Presley was born
- 1953: Cut his first record, My Happiness at Sun Records in Memphis
- 1955: Enlisted "Colonel" Tom Parker as his manager
- 1956: Heartbreak Hotel became #1 in the US. Caused controversy and hysteria performing Hound Dog on The Milton Berle Show. Released Blue Suede Shoes
- 1957: Bought Graceland, released All Shook Up and Jailhouse Rock
- 1960: Released Are You Lonesome Tonight?
- 1976: Moody Blue became his 23rd US #1
- 1977: Died in Graceland