Be thrilled by the "King of Pop"
With 750 million record sales behind him, Jackson is one of the most creative artists pop music has ever seen. Making the crossover from child prodigy to adult superstar, his album, Thriller, is the biggest selling record of all time. Never far from controversy, Jackson is justifiably one of the most famous people on the planet.
- August 29, 1958: Michael Joseph Jackson was born
- 1966: Joined The Jackson 5, aged 8
- 1979: Off The Wall became the first album to have 4 top 10 hits
- 1982: Thriller remained in the top ten of the US album charts for over a year
- 1983: Debuted the moonwalk at the Motown 25th Anniversary
- 1987-91: Released Bad and Dangerous
- 1993: Married Lisa Marie Presley, they divorce in 1995
- 2005: Found not guilty in at he People versus Jackson child molestation trial. Moved to Bahrain