'Paddington' Competition T&C's
Competition Terms & Conditions
1. The ‘Paddington Class Screening’ competition (‘Competition’) will be run by Merlin Entertainments (Australia) Pty Ltd (‘The Promoters’). The Competition is open from 14 July 2014 – 5 October 2014.
2. The Competition is open to residents of Australia or New Zealand; however employees of Merlin Entertainments and STUDIOCANAL are not eligible to participate in the Competition.
3. Merlin Entertainments Group reserves the right to alter or cancel this Competition without notice. Final interpretation resides with Merlin Entertainments Group.
4. Merlin Entertainments shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for personal injury which is suffered or sustained as a result of taking the prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
5. Participation in the Competition implies full acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. Failure to observe any of these Terms and Conditions may result in disqualification from the Competition.
6. To be eligible to win the Competition, entrants must:
a. Submit a written entry of 25 words or less, answering the question “Why does your class deserve to win a private screening of PADDINGTON film?” (“Competition question”).
b. Entries must be submitted to the email address: email@example.com
c. The entering class must have conducted a paid class excursion to one of Merlin Entertainments Australia / NZ attractions between 14 July – 5 October 2014 (“Entry period”)
i. These attractions include: (NSW) SEA LIFE Sydney Aquarium, WILD LIFE Sydney Zoo, Madame Tussauds Sydney, Sydney Tower Eye, Manly SEA LIFE Sanctuary, Illawarra Fly Treetop Walk, (VIC) SEA LIFE Melbourne Aquarium, Otway Fly Treetop Adventure, (QLD) Underwater World SEA LIFE Mooloolaba, WILD LIFE Hamilton Island, and (NZ) Kelly Tarlton’s SEA LIFE Aquarium
d. Provide full contact details including full name, school name, phone number and email address
e. Entry to the competition is limited to one entry per class
7. One winner will be selected by a panel of judges – employees of the Merlin Entertainments Group ANZ Marketing department - at the conclusion of the entry period.
8. This competition is a game of skill, and the winner will be chosen based on judges’ opinion to having best answered the competition question. There is no chance element of the prize draw.
9. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
10. Entries containing inappropriate material, as deemed by Merlin Entertainments, will be ineligible.
11. The Promoters reserve the right to request winners to provide proof of identity in order to claim the prize. Proof of identification, residency and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter. In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
12. The Promoters reserve the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entry which, in the opinion of the Promoters, includes objectionable content, profanity, potentially insulting, inflammatory or defamatory statements, disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process, who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these terms and conditions or entry, or who has, in the opinion of the Promoters, engaged in conduct in entering the promotion which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the promotion and/or Promoters. The Promoters reserve the right to disqualify a winner if the Promoters become aware that the winner is of a type described in this clause.
13. The winner will be notified via email and telephone by 10 October 2014. Winner will be contacted by the email address supplied in the first instance and then by phone. If no contact is established after 3 attempts or within one week of the draw (whichever comes first), the entry will be considered void and another entry will be drawn it its place. This will continue until a winner can be found.
14. Participation in the Competition and acceptance of a prize confirms acceptance to participate in any reasonable publicity or advertising of Merlin Entertainments.
Prize & Prize Redemption
15. The private screening of the film ‘Paddington’ will be arranged directly with prize winning school and STUDIO CANAL. Session times and location of the screening will be agreed upon by STUDIOCANAL and the winning school, and are subject to availability.
16. The private screening of the film ‘Paddington’ is anticipated to take place between 11- 19 December 2014 on a weekday (Monday – Friday) during standard school hours.
17. Prize is for 1 x screening of the film ‘Paddington’. The number of seats available at the private screening will be determined by STUDIOCANAL (the producer and distributor of ‘Paddington’) and is dependent on the location of the cinema or screen available.
18. The winning school will need to make necessary arrangements to accompany children at the private screening and manage all transfer arrangements to and from the screening. The school remains responsible for the safety, welfare and behaviour of all pupils and accompanying adults at all times and will ensure compliance with any safety guidance given by the cinema or screening venue.
19. STUDIOCANAL reserves the right to offer a suitable equivalent prize if it is unable to arrange a screening as above due to circumstances beyond its control.
20. There is no cash alternative to the prize.
21. The prizes must be taken as per the available dates. If for any reason the winner does not take part of the prize at the time specified by the Promoter, then it will be considered forfeited and no compensation will be awarded.
22. Unless expressly stated in these terms and conditions, all other expenses, including but not limited to meals, travel, upgrades are not included and are at the discretion and responsibility of the winners and their guests.
'Paddington' Competition T&C's