Rewrite history with Sir Winston Churchill
Winston Churchill was a British politician known chiefly for his leadership of Great Britain during World War II. Churchill became Prome Minister of the UK in May, 1940 and led Britain to victory against the Axis powers. His speeches were great inspiration to the embattled Allied forces. Churchill was also known as an officer in the British Army, a historical writer and an artist.
Upon his death the Queen granted him the honour of a state funeral, which saw one of the largest assemblies of statesmen in the world.
- 30 November 1874: Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill was born
- 1940-45: He served as Prime Minister of the United Kingdom
- 1951-55: He served as Prime Minister of the United Kingdom
- 1963: JFK honored Churchill with an honorary citizenship of the United States
- 2007: Was named as one of the most influential people in the 20th century by Time Magazine