Fall crazy in love with Beyonce
Beyoncé Giselle Knowles, commonly known as Beyonce, is an American R&B singer-songwriter, record producer, and actress. Beyonce rose to fame as lead singer of R&B girl group Destiny's Child, the best-selling girl group of all time.
Beyoncé released her debut solo album Dangerously in Love in 2003, which earned Knowles five Grammy Awards.
Her third solo album, "I Am... Sasha Fierce" was released in 2008 and earned the singer six Grammy Awards. In 2011, Beyonce released her fourth studio album, "4", and became only the second female recording artist ever to have her first four albums debut at number one on the Billboard 200.
Her commerical success, charming personality and sexy style, has made Beyonce one of the most powerful R&B artists in the world. In addition to her flourishing music career, she has launched a fashion line, acting career and secured massive endorsements deals.
- September 4, 1981: Beyoncé Giselle Knowles was born
- 2001: 1st African American female artist to be awarded the ASCAP Pop Music Award for Pop Songwriter of the year
- 2004: Won five Grammies for Dangerously in Love
- 2004: Won NAACP Award for Entertainer of the Year
- 2005: Launched fashion line House of Dereon
- 2008: Married longtime boyfriend, rap artist Jay-Z
- 2009: Won the award for Video of the Year at 2009 MTV Video Music Awards
- 2010": Received 10 nominations, including Album of the Year at the 52nd Grammy Awards, setting a record for the most Grammy awards won on a single night by a female artist (6)