Madame Tussauds - Washington D.C.
Meet American music legend Johnny Cash
Johnny Cash was born J.R. Cash in 1932. He was a musician best known for hits such as I Walk the Line and Folsom City Blues. His rock and roll hits spoke to a generation and continued to influence long after his death in 2003.
- 1932: J.R. Cash is born in Kingsland, Arkansas.
- 1955: Cash makes his first recordings at Sun Records.
- 1969: Johnny Cash gets his own TV show, The Johnny Cash Show.
- 1971: Johnny Cash releases his well-known Man in Black album.
- 1980: Cash becomes the youngest living person to be inducted into the Country Music Hall of Fame.
- 2003: Johnny Cash passes at the age of 71.