Once you consent to some concession, you can never cancel it and put things back the way they are
- American aviator, industrialist, film producer, director, philanthropist, and billionaire business man, Hughes was one of the world’s most innovative and eccentric people.
- His highly scandalous life was driven by his passions for flying and film. Aside from setting several world flying records, he also pioneered many elements in aviation design.
- One of his best known plane designs was the Spruce Goose, an over-sized wooden sea-plane.
- From his family’s oil and tool business, Hughes branched out into Hollywood film production, making popular films such as Scarface (1932) and The Outlaw (1943).
- He is well known for his relationships with many Hollywood actresses, including Katharine Hepburn, Rita Hayworth and Jean Harlow.
- Overwhelmed by irrational paranoia about people and germs, he spent the last 20 years of his life living in hotel penthouses around the world. He died whilst on a plane flying from Mexico to Texas for medical treatment.
- Born Howard Robard Hughes, Jr. on December 24, 1905 in Houston TX.
- Died April 5, 1976 on an airplane