Never pick a fight with an ugly person, they've got nothing to lose
- Splitting his career between comedy and drama, Williams has won numerous awards including an Academy Award® for Best Actor in a Supporting Role for Good Will Hunting (1997), and Best Performance Golden Globes® for Mrs. Doubtfire (1993) and Good Morning, Vietnam (1987)
- His skill in improvisation means that a number of scripts are not written for him, but left for him to make up. He is best known for voicing the ‘Genie’ in the animated feature film, Aladdin (1992).
- He is recognized for the multitude of different voices he can create; particularly in animated movies such as, Fern Gully: The Last Rainforest (1992), Robots (2005) and Happy Feet (2006)
- In 1973, Williams was one of only 20 drama students accepted into the renowned Juilliard School in New York City to study acting. He won a full scholarship and became very close friends with class-mate and fellow actor, Christopher Reeve.
- Born Robin McLaurim Williams on July 21,1951 in Chicago, IL