Ever since bursting onto the world stage in 1983 with Like a Virgin, Madonna has remained one of the most prolific and successful performers in music. Reinventing herself with almost every album she releases, she has managed to stay one step ahead of the game for a quarter of a century.
The figure was inspired by Madonna’s 2012 Super Bowl performance. Famous London designer Philip Treacy, whose work has been worn in Sex and the City, Harry Potter and at the wedding of Prince William and Catherine Middleton, created the headdress.
- 1958: Born Madonna Louise Ciccone in Bay City, Michigan
- 1983: Madonna debuts at #8 in the US album charts
- 1984: Like a Virgin stays at the top of the Billboard Hot 100 for 6 weeks
- 1985: Stars in Desperately Seeking Susan
- 1989: Like a Prayer becomes her 3rd successive album to chart at #1 in the US
- 2000: Music goes to #1 in the US album charts
- 2005: Confessions on a Dancefloor goes to #1 in the US album charts
- 2008: Hard Candy goes to #1 in the US album charts