Madame Tussauds goes Gaga
One of the world’s most flamboyant and individual performers will be joining our A-list line up this December as Lady Gaga takes to the stage in London – and seven other Madame Tussauds attractions around the world. In the biggest and most ambitious figure launch in our history each attraction will reveal a different portrayal of Lady Gaga on the very same day.
Checkout the countdown to the Madame Tussauds global launch – Global Gaga Map.
We have selected eight very distinct Lady Gaga styles, working with her favourite designers to ensure the looks are spot on. Details of which city will feature which Gaga are being kept tightly under wraps, so fans will have to wait until launch day to find out which Lady Gaga will be wearing their favourite outfit.
The styles being worked on are:
- Lady in Lace – Alex Noble lace body stocking and Philip Tracey face mask topped off with Marie Antoinette style ‘fro. As seen at The Brit Awards 2010
- Telephone – Phillip Treacy telephone hat teamed with a black Armani coat, flared trousers and towering heels. As seen on Friday Night with Jonathan Ross March 2010
- Harlequin – Black Marjan Pejoski Body suit with oversized black neck fluff and sleek, super straight platinum hair. As seen at Grand Intercontinental Hotel Seoul, South Korea
- Kinky Boots – Short black Bruno Pieters leather body suit cut away to reveal black lace bra, quirky “disc” hat and thigh high black boots. As worn at the Hakkasan restaurant, London in April 2009
- Mini Mouse – Off one shoulder black latex body suit with long straight hair topped off with “mini mouse” style buns. As seen at the BBC Radio 1 studios, London
- Hair Hat – Gaga’s own blonde locks splayed out into a huge sunhat teamed with black see through net dress. As seen at the Consumer Electronics Show, Las Vegas
- Wired “wing” dress with lightning “eye”- Short black Orschel-Read strapless dress with wired, thigh high patent boots and black lightning stripe make up over one eye Orschel-Read as worn on the Wetten Dass..? gameshow, Germany in November 2009
- Big Hair – Towering purple hair piece atop waist length plantinum locks, with nude Maison Martin Margiela bodysuit, white blazer and huge platforms. As seen outside Phoenix Hotel, Copenhagen, Denmark, July 2009
“We’re very excited about Lady Gaga’s imminent arrival in Madame Tussauds London”, said our PR Manager Liz Edwards. “As one of the biggest and most unique talents in the world, she is the perfect subject for the biggest figure launch in Madame Tussauds’ history. All of the styles being worked on are classic Gaga and we’re sure British fans will be delighted with her London look when we unveil it next month.”
All of the figures are being worked on simultaneously by a huge creative team at Merlin Studios in West London. Each figure was first perfectly sculpted in clay before being moulded in wax. A team of expert artists then accurately recreate colour and skin tones, replicating every freckle, mole and dimple, before the make-up, artists, hairdressers and stylists finish off the look. The painstaking process will take four months to complete at a cost of £150,000 per figure adding up to a cool £1.2m.
The figures will be featured in attractions in London, Amsterdam, Berlin, New York, Hollywood, Las Vegas, Shanghai and Hong Kong and all will be revealed on 9th December 2010.
All Inclusive Ticket
Buy anAll Inclusive ticket for Madame Tussuads London and receive a guidebook, a wax hand, use of the dedicated Priority Access Entrance and entry into Marvel Super Heroes 4D movie experience. Your ticket is valid for one entry from date of purchase- no
Get the All Inclusive treatment