Sachin Tendulkar's wax figure at Madame Tussauds London
Step up to the Crease with Sachin Tendulkar
Sachin Tendulkar is an Indian Cricketer, often regarded as the greatest batsman in the history of cricket. He set a new record in 2008 for the highest number of runs in Test cricket history.
- 1973: Born Sachin Ramesh Tendulkar in Mumbai
- 1984: Gained a strong interest in cricket whilst at high school and was mentored by the revered coach Ramakant Achrekar
- 1988: aged just 15, Tendulkar scored 100 not-out in his debut first-class match making him the youngest cricketer to score a century on his first-class debut.
- 1989: he made his Test debut, aged just 16, against Pakistan
- 1995: Gets married and subsequently has two children
- 2008: was made the icon player and captain for his home side, the Mumbai Indians, in the inaugural Indian Premier League Twenty20 competition
- October 2008: Sachin recorded the most runs in Test Match cricket, surpassing the record previously set by Brian Lara. He is the first batsman to reach 12,000 runs