Meet Nancy Reagan
Nancy Reagan, born Anne Frances Robbins, was the wife of the 40th president of the United States, Ronald Reagan, and served as First Lady during his presidency from 1981 to 1989.
Nancy Reagan was a unique First Lady. Born in New York City in the early 1920's, Nancy went on to become a Hollywood actress. From there, she went on to meet her future husband, and the future President of the United States, Ronald Reagan.
Nancy became the First Lady of California in 1967, when Ronald Reagan was elected governor. Finally, in 1981, she became the First Lady of the United States, where she would go on to create a lasting legacy.
- 1921: Anne Frances Robbins was born in New York City to Kenneth Robbins and Edith Luckett.
- 1943: Nancy Davis earned a Bachelors degree in drama from Smith College.
- 1946: Nancy was cast in the Broadway musical, Lute Song.
- 1949: Davis signed a seven year contract with MGM Studios.
- 1949: Nancy Davis met Ronald Reagan.
- 1952: Nancy and Ronald married.
- 1967: Nancy Reagan became the First Lady of California.
- 1981: Nancy Reagan became the First Lady of the United States of America.