Get loud with Rihanna!
After bursting onto the scene in 2005, Robyn “Rihanna” Fenty has become one of today’s hottest music stars with 10 number-one singles. She is the recipient of four Grammy Awards and she has also collaborated with some of the industry’s biggest stars, including Jay-Z and Kanye West.
Outside of the music studio, Rihanna serves as one of Barbados' honorary cultural ambassadors and is active in the philanthropic world with her Believe Foundation, which she founded in 2006 to help terminally ill children. She supports a variety of other causes, including Stand Up to Cancer and the United Nations Children’s Fund. She has also helped raise awareness of HIV/AIDS and bone marrow donation.
- February 20, 1988: Born Robyn Rihanna Fenty
- 2005: Released her debut studio album, Music of the Sun, which peaked in the top ten of the Billboard 200 chart and features the Billboard Hot 100 hit single "Pon de Replay"
- 2007: Received Grammy Award for the song "Umbrella"
- 2007: Received 2007 World Music Awards for World's Best-Selling Pop Female Artist and Female Entertainer of the Year
- 2008: Received 2008 American Music Awards for Favorite Soul/R&B Female Artist and Favorite Pop/Rock Female Artist
- 2009: Received Grammy Award for the song "Run This Town"
- 2010: Released fifth studio album, Loud, on November 16th.
- 2010: Received Grammy Award for the song "Only Girl (In The World)"