George W. Bush
Address the world with America's former Commander in Chief
George W. Bush was the 43rd President of the United States.
Bush is the eldest son of President George H. W. Bush, making him one of only two American presidents to be the son of a preceding president.
The attacks of September 11th occurred eight months into Bush's first term as president. In response, Bush announced a global War on Terror, ordered an invasion of Afghanistan that same year and an invasion of Iraq in 2003. In addition to national security issues, Bush promoted policies on the economy, health care, education, and social security reform.
- 1946: George Walker Bush was born
- 1977: Graduated from Harvard with an MBA
- 1994: Elected Governor of Texas
- 2001: Elected President of the United States. 9/11 attacks on New York and Washington. Announced Global War on Terror and invades Afghanistan
- 2003: Ordered invasion of Iraq
- 2004: Re-elected President of the United States
Check out the Presidents Gallery website featuring wax portraits of all 44 Presidents. President timeline and study guide available!