Meet America's "acting" President!
Ronald Reagan was the 40th President of the United States.
Reagan moved to CA in the 1930’s where he became an actor, president of the Screen Actors Guild (SAG), and a spokesman for General Electric. His start in politics occurred during his work at GE. Reagan won both Republican nomational and general election in 1981. After surviving an assassination attempt and ordering controversial military actions in Grenada, he was re-elected in a landslide victory in 1984.
- February 6, 1911: Ronald Wilson Reagan was born
- 1937: First screen credit was the starring role in the 1937 movie Love is in the Air
- 1937: Reagan enlisted in the Army
- 1967: Ronald Reagan became the 33rd Governor of California
- 1981-1989: Ronald Reagan elected as the 40th President of the United States of America
Check out the Presidents Gallery website featuring wax portraits of all 44 Presidents. President timeline and study guide available! Click Here