Be the next "top" guest with Tyra
Tyra is an American television personality, Emmy Award-winning talk show host, actress, supermodel, former teen idol, and businessperson.
She became famous first as a model in Paris, Milan, London, Tokyo, and New York, but television appearances were her commercial breakthrough. She is known best as hostess/judge of the reality television show America's Next Top Model since its 2003 debut, and is currently hosting her own Daytime Emmy Award- winning talk show, The Tyra Banks Show. Banks is one of four African Americans and seven women to have repeatedly ranked among the world's most influential people by Time magazine.
- December 4, 1973: Tyra Lynne Banks was born
- 1997: Banks was the first African American woman on the covers of GQ and the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue
- 1997: Was on the cover of the Victoria's Secret catalog, making her the first African American to do so
- 1997: She received the VH1 Award for Supermodel of the Year
- 2005: Retired from modeling to concentrate on her television show
- 2005: Hostess, Arm judge, and executive producer of the CW television show America's Next Top Model which is still currently running
- 2005: The Tyra Banks Show, a daytime talkshow aimed at younger women, premiered.
- 2011: Her first novel, Modelland, hits the New York Times best seller list.