TERMS & CONDITIONS
- The Madame Tussauds Caption This Contest is open to US residents only, excluding employees of Merlin Entertainments and their immediate families, agencies, and anyone else professionally connected to the competition.
- To participate in this competition, you must publish your own caption in the comments section of the competition post here.
- No liability will be assumed for loss of entries during the application process.
- 3rd party, bulk and syndicate entries are not permitted.
- The competition closes on Tuesday September 6th 2016 at 11.59 pm.
- Finalists will be chosen on Friday September 9th and notified later that day.
- The winner will be announced Thursday September 15th and must claim their prize by private messaging the Madame Tussauds Washington, DC Facebook account by Friday September 16th 2016 at 11.59 pm.
PRIZES AND ODDS
- Grand Prize: One (1) first place winner will be selected from among all eligible entries received during the contest period. The Grand Prize Winner shall receive One (1) grand prize of a trip for two (2) to Washington, DC (from another airport within Continental United States of America). This Grand Prize includes a round trip airfare for two (2) and a hotel stay for three (3) nights between the dates of January 18th and January 22nd (Retail value over $1,000). The Grand Prize Winner will also have the opportunity to help unveil Madame Tussauds Washington, DC’s figure of the new president. The prize does not include tickets to attend the Presidential Inauguration.
- Runner-up: Five (5) runner-up winners (“Runner-Up”) will each receive two (2) tickets to the Madame Tussauds Washington, DC.
- Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Contest may be presented in multiple presentations and in other media, and the odds of winning may depend on the number of eligible participants who enter the Contest through such multiple presentations.
- Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any prize for a prize of equal or greater value. Income and other taxes (if any) are the responsibility of the Winners.
- Winner should allow thirty (30) days from acceptance for delivery of any prize. All prizes are non-transferable and not redeemable for cash. The failure to accept any prize within thirty (30) days after notification shall result in the forfeiture of any prize awarded hereunder.
WINNER NOTIFICATION AND ACCEPTANCE
- All participants need to be aged 18 and over and are requested to provide photo identification on request to confirm their age before being granted their prize.
- Finalists will be selected on or about Friday September 9th, from among all eligible entries received by September 6th, 2016. Judging will be done on the basis of creativity, positive representation of the contest theme message, and composition of caption submitted. The winner selection process will be conducted as follows: Step 1) An initial screening of all Posts will be conducted by the Sponsor to determine the top six (6) Posts received; Step 2) The top Posts will be shortlisted on Madame Tussauds Facebook page Step 3) The Sponsor will review the six (6) Posts recommended and will choose the prize winners from those Posts. The final winner will be notified on Thursday September 15th via Facebook announcement and direct message.
- Judging will be done on the basis of creativity, positive representation of the contest theme message, and composition of post submitted.
- The judge’s decision is final.
- By participating, entrants agree to be bound by the Official Rules and the decisions of the judges, which shall be final and binding in all respects.
- Return of prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and an alternate winner may be selected. Winners may waive their right to receive prizes.
- The prize is as stated above and is not transferrable and is non-refundable with no cash alternative.
- The prize does not include any substitutions or additional costs.
- Merlin Entertainment reserves the right to substitute the prize stated with that of an equal or greater value, if necessary.
- The event is subject to change.
- Merlin Entertainment reserves the right to cancel the competition at any point for any reason.
- Merlin Entertainment reserves the right to use any media collected through entry to the competition for marketing or other purposes.
- The winner agrees to participate in a reasonable level of publicity.
- No purchase necessary to enter the competition.
- The promoter’s liability to the winner is limited (to the extent permitted by law) to the cash value of the chosen prize.
- Promoter: Madame Tussauds Washington, DC, as part of Merlin Entertainments
IP ADDRESS INFORMATION
- Each time you access information then we record what you access and the IP address you use to access the data. An IP address is a unique identifier given to you by your Internet provider when you connect to the Internet. This may differ each time you connect or be permanently assigned depending on your arrangements. We use these addresses to track your movements, analyze broad trends such a geographical location and by such improve our quality of service. IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information. We may from time to time share information gathered in this way with our partners. This information is not linked to any personal information that can identify any individual person.
- Merlin Entertainment is the sole owner of any information collected. We will not sell, share, or rent this information to others in ways different from that disclosed in this statement. Any imagery, video, or other type of content produced during the winner’s time in Washington, DC, enjoying any of the experiences provided by Merlin Entertainments, may be used by the social media and PR team for promotion of the activity.
By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the judges. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this Contest as solely determined by Sponsor. In the event the Contest is compromised by a virus, non-authorized human intervention, tampering or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Contest. Should the Contest be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, Sponsor reserves the right to award prizes based on the entries received before the termination date.
All federal, state, and local laws apply. Void where prohibited. Sponsor is not responsible for any expenses incurred by participants in connection with participating in the Contest or claiming or using any prize awarded in the Contest. By agreeing to enter the Contest, each participant is bound by these Rules and Regulations. Any decisions related to the Contest, the Rules and Regulations, the operation of the Contest, and the qualifications and eligibility of any participant are at the sole discretion of Sponsor and are final. Each participant agrees to release and hold Sponsor, its employees, officers, directors, shareholders, agents, representatives, and its subsidiaries, parent companies or other affiliated companies harmless from any and all damages, losses, claims, and liabilities arising out of his or her participation in the Contest or resulting from accepting or claiming any prize awarded hereunder. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate, suspend, or otherwise cancel the Contest at any time for any reason.
Each Winner will be required to complete an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release which must be returned within ten (10) days of date of postmark (except where prohibited by law). Failure to sign and return the affidavit or release within ten (10) days, or to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules, may result in a winner’s disqualification, the forfeiture of his or her interest in the prize, and the award of the prize to an alternate winner. Participation in the Contest constitutes permission (except where prohibited by law) to use each Winner’s name, likeness, biographical information, photographs, and any statements or remarks made about winning or participating in the Contest for advertising and promotional purposes (in any medium) without additional compensation. Participants acknowledge and agree that Sponsor may share any and all information collected through the Contest from time to time with their subsidiaries, parent companies, or other affiliated companies. Sponsor may verify that the Winners are qualified.
Sponsor is not responsible for any (i) lost, late, damaged, misdirected, or illegible entries or any miscommunications, (ii) unsuccessful attempts to notify the Winners, (iii) unavailable or failed networks, servers, telephones, or other connections, or any interrupted, misrouted, or scrambled transmissions, (iv) failure of the Website, computer equipment, or software, (v) congestion on the Internet, or (vi) other errors or problems of any kind whether mechanical, human, electronic, or otherwise. Any attempt to deliberately damage the Website or to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including, without limitation, criminal prosecution.
RULES AND WINNERS LIST
To obtain a complete copy of the official Rules and Regulations or the names of the Winners send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to Madame Tussauds 1001 F Street, NW, Washington, DC, 20004. Please specify whether you want a copy of the Rules and Regulations or the names of the Winners.