The quality and safety of our attraction are of the utmost importance and therefore a considerable amount of time and effort is spent on making all visits have a safe and fun experience. The MerlinEntertainments Group who operate Madame Tussauds Blackpool is Europe’s leading operator and developer of visitor attractions. Due to the complexity of Attraction operations in the UK a summary of all main health and safety requirements can be found below.Download Risk Assessment
Lesson Plan: Media and Fake News (Ages 7–13)
With three hours’ worth of content pre and post an educational visit to Madame Tussaud's Blackpool, we are offering your students a set of unforgettable lessons that reinforce important aspects of the curriculum.
Pupils will… stretch their English subject knowledge by delving into the complex world of the media and developing their critical literacy skills. They will explore the concept of the media and its impact on modern audiences. These lessons are created in collaboration with award winning educational specialist SHAPES for Schools.
Pre-visit Lesson 1 - Celebrity Culture & Bias
- To explore what we mean by the term ‘bias’ and how it can affect the way the news is presented
- To write a news article in the role of a character, considering the concept of ‘bias’
Pre-visit Lesson 2 - Lies and the Truth
- To discuss the roles of lies and the truth in media and society as a whole
- To understand how fake news can affect people both in and outside the public eye
Post-visit Lesson 1 - Using Media Responsibly
- To identify the positive and negative impacts of modern media
- To plan and design a persuasive and informative poster emphasising the importance of using modern media responsibly
Lesson Plan: An Exploration Of Mental Wellbeing And Celebrity Culture (Ages 7–13)
Students will… develop their PSHE and Speaking and Listening skills by exploring the concepts of ‘mental health’ and ‘mental wellbeing’ in relation to their own lives as well as a number of high-profile celebrities from Madame Tussauds Blackpool!
Pre-visit Lesson 1 - My Mental Wellbeing
- To understand what we mean by the terms ‘mental health’ and ‘mental wellbeing’ and how they can affect us
- To explore strategies to protect our mental wellbeing
Pre-visit Lesson 2 - Mental Wellbeing in the Spotlight
- To discuss some of the pressures faced by those in the public eye
- To consider the importance of ‘opening up’ and ‘speaking out’ about mental wellbeing
Post-visit Lesson 1 - My Future Wellbeing
- To reflect on your Madame Tussauds London trip and what you learned about its celebrities
- To identify how you can improve your mental wellbeing going forward