Terms & Conditions
Terms of Service
Merlin Entertainments (Japan) Limited (hereinafter referred to as “Our Company”) sets forth the terms of service (hereinafter referred to as the “Terms of Service”) as follows. If you are not a registered member, please see the Terms of Service here.
Article 1 Definition of Customer
For the purpose hereof, "customer" means a user of the members-only service for the sale of tickets and products supplied by Our Company (hereinafter referred to as the “Service”). If you use the Service, you shall be deemed to consent to the Terms of Service.
Article 2 Scope of Coverage and Change of Terms of Service
1. The Terms of Service shall be applied to Our Company and the customer in relation to use of the Service.
2. In the event that there is a separate service carried out jointly with the business partner, the Terms of Service shall be applied to the recipient of the relevant service.
3. In the event that any individual provision is prescribed for a new service hereinafter supplied, such provision shall constitute a part of the Terms of Service.
4. Our Company may change the Terms of Service at our discretion without consent from the customer to a reasonable degree and in a reasonable manner subject to announcement by e-mail or via our Web site. The customer shall agree to such change of the Terms of Service.
Article 3 Change of Registered Information
1. In the event that any customer information registered upon purchase or registration of membership, including name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, payment method and delivery method, is changed or found to be incorrect, the customer shall promptly notify us of new or correct information in a manner designated by Our Company.
2. Our Company shall not be liable for damage incurred by the customer due to fault of notification in the preceding paragraph. In the event that Our Company or any third party suffers damage due to fault of notification by the customer in the preceding paragraph, the customer shall compensate for any and all such damages.
3. In the event that information described in paragraph 1 hereof is incorrect (for example, information of other customer is registered in error or Our Company cannot contact the customer due to incorrect inscription of telephone number or e-mail address), the customer shall agree that Our Company change a part of the personal information to the necessary extent.
Article 4 Preparation of Environment for Usage
The customer shall have the communication equipment, software, telephone line and Internet connection necessary to use the Service at her/his own cost and responsibility. Any and all communication charges and connection fees for use of the Service (including enquiry) shall be borne by the customer.
Article 5 Prohibited Matters
The customer shall not engage in the following behaviours in use of the Service:
(1) Behaviour that infringes or is likely to infringe the copyright, the property right, the privacy or other right of another customer, a third party or Our Company;
(2) Behaviour that causes or is likely to cause prejudice or damage to another customer, a third party or Our Company, other than provided in the preceding item;
(3) Behaviour that is or is likely to be offensive to public order and morals, or to provide information that is offensive to public order and morals to another customer or a third party;
(4) Criminal action or behaviour that leads to or is likely to lead to criminal action;
(5) Election campaigning or similar behaviour thereto, regardless of whether conducted during a campaign;
(6) Behaviour concerned with sex culture, religion or politics;
(7) Commercial activity or behaviour to prepare for commercial activity through or in relation to the Service without consent from Our Company;
(8) Behaviour to use or provide harmful program including computer viruses through or in relation to the Service;
(9) Behaviour that violates or is likely to violate laws and regulations; or
(10) Other behaviour deemed inappropriate by Our Company.
Article 6 Copyright
1. The customer shall not use information or files provided through the Service beyond the scope of personal use permitted under the Copyright Act and other relevant laws without permission from the right holder in any manner whatsoever.
2. Notwithstanding the preceding paragraph, in the event that any problem occurs between the customer and the right holder, the customer shall agree to settle the problem at her/his own cost and responsibility.
Article 7 Suspension or Termination of Service
1. Our Company may change, suspend or terminate the Service in part or in whole at our own discretion in the following (without limitation) cases:
(1) In a case where an act of providence or other emergency arises or is likely to arise;
(2) In a case where Our Company conducts regular or emergency maintenance of a facility installed or managed by Our Company;
(3) In a case where any event occurs with respect to a facility installed or managed by Our Company resulting in failure to provide the Service to the customer, including malfunction, trouble and interference; or
(4) Other cases deemed necessary by Our Company.
2. Our Company shall not be liable to any damage incurred by the customer due to suspension or termination of the Service for any reason whatsoever.
Article 8 Exemption
1. Although Our Company does our best to secure the correctness of the contents of the Service, the customer shall acknowledge that the contents of the Service and information delivered through the Service are not guaranteed by Our Company, including completeness, correctness, certainty, and usability thereof.
2. In the event that the customer suffers damage in relation to delivery of the Service, including delay, change, cancellation or abolition of the Service, or error in issuance or delivery of ticket, due to a reason not attributable to Our Company, Our Company shall not be liable for any such damage. If the customer is a minor, such customer shall use the Service with consent from and on the responsibility of a person with parental authority. In the event that the customer suffers damage due to a reason attributable to Our Company, Our Company shall compensate for the customer up to the purchase price of the ticket at maximum; provided, however such maximum limit shall be removed in a case where Our Company has willful intention or gross negligence.
3. Although Our Company does our best to keep and maintain the privacy and secrecy of the customer, the customer shall use the Service on the understanding that Our Company cannot completely keep and maintain the privacy or secret of the customer as the security features of the Service have reasonable limitation.
Article 9 Replacement, Change and Cancellation of Ticket
The customer cannot replace, change or cancel a ticket she/he has decided to purchase in accordance with her/his wish for any reason whatsoever. A ticket purchased from Our Company is outside the scope of a cooling-off system.
Article 10 Service Fee
1. The fee for the Service may include a service fee in addition to the ticket price as prescribed by Our Company.
2. Our Company may add or change a fee for the Service subject to prior announcement to the customer thereof in a manner deemed appropriate by Our Company.
Article 11 Completion of Application
1. The customer shall apply for the Service in a manner designated by Our Company.
2. In a case where the customer applies for the Service via the Web site or the mobile site, Our Company shall notify the customer of the completion of application by sending an e-mail to the registered e-mail address, as well as an announcement on the confirmation screen (on the Web or the mobile site) and the reference screen on Our Site to confirm completion of application.
3. In the event that Our Company significantly delays notification of or cannot confirm completion of application for causes beyond our direct control, including any error in communication circumstances or provider facility, or incorrect inscription of the registered information such as e-mail address, Our Company shall not be liable for any such damage incurred by the customer or a third party.
Article 12 Payment Method
The ticket price and other fee accrued in relation to purchase of the ticket shall be automatically settled by credit card transaction on the date designated by Our Company.
Article 13 Delivery of Ticket
1. The customer shall choose the method to receive the ticket from among the choices offered by Our Company, if available, upon application; and cannot change such choice according to the customer’s convenience once the application is completed. In some cases, the method of receiving the ticket has restrictions and the
customer may have no choice therefor.
2. In some cases, Our Company may change the method for the delivery of the ticket according to our convenience after the application is completed.
3. If the customer does not receive the ticket for her/his personal reason, Our Company shall not refund the ticket price.
Article 14 Refusal of Sale and Loss of Right
1. In the following (without limitation) cases, Our Company may refuse to sell a ticket or cancel any sales agreement already executed:
(1) In a case where the customer submits false statements in the matter prescribed by Our Company or does not submit necessary statements;
(2) In a case where the customer acts in a manner that disturbs other customers or prevents smooth sales by Our Company;
(3) In a case where the customer does not complete the prescribed procedures within the period indicated by Our Company;
(4) In a case where the customer does not comply with the purchase procedure designated by Our Company;
(5) In a case where the customer does not settle payment for the application; or
(6) Other cases where the customer violates the Terms of Service.
2. Our Company may make a claim against the customer for the damage incurred by Our Company in the preceding paragraph.
Article 15 Refund
1. A refund shall be made in the event that operation is cancelled or that another reason for a refund arises. In this case, the ticket price excluding the transfer fee shall be refunded.
2. A refund shall be made to the bank account designated by the customer. In the case of a refund prior to the delivery of the ticket, if the customer settles payment by credit card transaction and the refunded amount is the same as the settled amount, the customer may receive a refund by set-off with the billing amount of the credit card. In this case, for the reason of the closing date, the refunded amount may be described as a minus figure on the credit card statement issued after the month following such settlement.
3. In the event that the relevant ticket is not delivered to the customer or that the customer does not receive the relevant ticket at the Site, the refund shall be made about three (3) weeks from occurrence of the reason for refund. In the event that the relevant ticket has been delivered or that the customer has received the relevant ticket, the refund shall be made about three (3) weeks from confirmation of return of the relevant ticket to Our Company. The refund shall not be made unless the customer complies with the prescribed procedure for refund.
Article 16 Prohibition of Resale
1. A ticket purchased from Our Company shall not be resold to a third party for profit or supplied to a third party for resale. The customer shall agree and acknowledge that ticket brokerage or resale of ticket to the public through various media is deemed as commercial activity by Our Company and that such action constitutes a violation of this Article 16.
2. In the event that resale as defined in the preceding paragraph is discovered, such resold ticket shall be nullified at our discretion. In this case, no refund for the ticket shall be made and the customer who obtains the ticket may be refused entry. If a customer who obtained the ticket has already entered, the customer may be ordered to leave.
3. Our Company shall assume no responsibility for troubles in relation to tickets obtained through “message boards, auctions," “ticket shops," “agencies” or “ticket brokers," other than those purchased directly from Our Company or business partner.
Article 17 Exemption for Ticket
1. Our Company shall not assume sales responsibility for a ticket other than one purchased directly from Our Company.
2. In the event that confirmation of completion of ticket reservation or the notice thereof is significantly delayed or cannot be performed due to heavy traffic on communication lines or unexpected accident on the computer system, Our Company shall not be liable for any damage incurred by the customer or a third party.
Article 18 Loss of Ticket and Certificate of Ticketing
1. As the ticket is treated as a cash voucher, Our Company shall not guarantee entrance for a customer who does not bring the ticket to an event. In a case where a third party brings the ticket, entrance of such third party shall be given preference.
2. In the event that a customer loses the ticket, Our Company may issue the certificate of ticketing at out discretion.
3. The customer shall request directly to Our Company to issue the certificate of ticketing.
4. The validity of the certificate of ticketing shall be determined at out discretion and there is no other effect than certify ticketing in such certificate.
Article 19 Handling of Personal Information
Our Company shall handle the personal information of the customer in accordance with “Personal Information Protection Policy” and “Handling of Personal Information” separately posted and the customer shall use the Service with consent to the provisions set forth therein.
Article 20 Acquisition of Personal Information
The customer shall agree that customer information, including name, address, telephone number, e-mail address and payment information, and the customer history including history of ticket application and use of the Service (hereinafter collectively referred to as the “Personal Information”) are recorded (including recordings of telephone enquiries) for the purpose of ticket sale and identification. The customer shall agree that noted she/he does not provide the Personal Information or provides false Personal Information, she/he cannot receive the Service.
Article 21 Purpose of Use of Personal Information
Our Company shall use the Personal Information provided by the customer for the following purposes:
(1) To sell and supply tickets handled by Our Company, including acceptance of application, settlement of payment, shipment and delivery on the day;
(2) The service associated with Item (1) above includes shipment of the Terms of Service, notification of new attractions via the Web or by e-mail, postal mail or telephone and correspondence for confirmation deemed necessary for the business;
(3) Promotional activities, including notification of our service or advertisements of products or services of the company deemed appropriate by Our Company;
(4) User support in relation to the Service, including responses to enquiries;
(5) Questionnaires or campaigns (such as gifts) conducted for the purpose of development and supply of our service;
(6) Preparation of statistical data compiled in a manner unidentifiable or unable to identify an individual, and marketing analysis with the use of such data for operating activities or reference for development of new services; or
(7) Use and recording of access information (such as the Internet, mobile site and telephone) for system operation and management and correspondence on enquiries.
In the event that we use the Personal Information for any other purpose, we shall once again inform the customer and obtain the consent therefor.
Article 22 Provision of Personal Information to Third Party
The customer shall agree that a third party entrustee who is entrusted with the Service by Our Company (hereinafter referred to as the “Entrustee”) may use the Personal Information for performance of the entrusted Service, and that Our Company provide a part of the Personal Information (including name, address and e-mail address) to the Entrustee to the necessary extent.
In this case, we shall impose the obligation not to provide or divulge the Personal Information to a third party and not to use the Personal Information for any other purpose than provided in the Business Entrustment Agreement on the Entrustee.
Article 23 Exception to Provision to Third Party
In any of the following cases, Our Company may provide the Personal Information in part or in whole to a third party without consent from the customer:
(1) In a case required by laws and regulations;
(2) In a case where it is required to protect life, body or property of a person and it is difficult to obtain consent from the relevant customer;
(3) In a case where it is especially necessary to improve public health or promote sound growth of a child and it is difficult to obtain consent from the relevant customer; or
(4) In a case where it is necessary to cooperate with a national agency or local government or the entrustee thereof to pursue the affairs prescribed by laws and regulations, and that consent from the relevant customer may interfere with performance of the relevant affairs.
Article 24 Identification
The customer shall agree to provide the Personal Information for identification upon entrance to the Site with the ticket purchased via the Service.
Article 25 Provision of Personal Information to Financial Institutions
The customer shall agree that Our Company may exchange the Personal Information with financial institutions in order to confirm the validity of credit card in a case where the customer settles payment by credit card transaction upon purchase of the ticket through the Service.
Article 26 Safeguarding Measures
Our Company shall take necessary and appropriate safety control measures at the current technical level to protect the Personal Information against unauthorised disclosure, disappearance, loss, unauthorised access, falsification and destruction.
Article 27 Procedure for Requesting Disclosure and Correction of Personal Information
In the event that the customer requests (1) to (3) below, Our Company shall respond to each request after identification of the requesting customer; provided, however, in some cases Our Company may refuse the request for the avoidance of problems in the course of business:
(1) To confirm the contents of the Personal Information provided by the customer;
(2) To correct the Personal Information provided by the customer; or
(3) To delete the Personal Information provided by the customer.
Article 28 Disposition of Personal Information after Withdrawal
Our Company shall retain and manage the Personal Information for a certain period after the customer withdraws from the Service; provided, however, such retention of the Personal Information for a fixed period under this Article shall not be applied to a customer who is applicable to the Terms of Service.
Article 29 Dispute
Any dispute arising between or among customers in relation to the Service shall be settled by the parties to the dispute and the customer shall not raise any complaint against Our Company.
Article 30 Governing Law
Execution, validity, performance and construction of the Terms of Service shall be governed by the laws of Japan.
Article 31 Competent Court
Should any dispute arise between the customer and Our Company in relation to the Terms of Service, the district court having jurisdiction over the head office of Our Company shall be the agreed competent court.
Article 32 MiscellaneousThe customer shall comply with the provision otherwise provided by Our Company with respect to matter not provided for in the Terms of Service.
Supplementary Provision: The Terms of Service shall come into effect at midnight on November 27, 2012.
Article 33 About Covid-19
In response to the Covid-19 pandemic, we have introduced specific safety measures at each of our Attractions in an effort to safeguard the health, safety and wellbeing of persons visiting our Attractions.
A full list of safety measures being taken at our Attraction is available on the website.
The safety measures put in place in response to the Covid-19 pandemic are there to safeguard the safety and wellbeing of all guests visiting our Attraction. It is in the interest of everyone at our Attraction to comply with the safety measures that have been put in place. Therefore, should an individual not comply with these safety measures, we reserve the right to require that individual to leave the Attraction in accordance with these terms and conditions.
Acceptance of risk
The safety measures that are being and have been introduced are intended to minimise the risk of contracting the Covid-19 virus but this risk cannot be completely eradicated. Therefore, anyone visiting our Attractions acknowledge that they do so at their own risk