Go back to news updates
'Double Act' - Drag sensation Courtney Act meets her wax double for the first time!
- Wednesday 1st February 2023
- madame tussauds sydney, courtney act, pride
Drag sensation Courtney Act meets her wax double for the first time, to officially open and take PRIDE of place in the new Madame Tussauds Sydney PRIDE zone!
Australian drag sensation Courtney Act, aka Shane Jenek, came face-to-face with her wax-double for the first time, as she cut the rainbow ribbon to officially open the new Madame Tussauds Sydney PRIDE zone. The multi-talented 40-year-old, global LGBTQIA+ icon and entertainer was joined by special guests and media for the world-first figure reveal and PRIDE zone opening ceremony, ahead of the 45th Sydney Mardi Gras and Sydney WorldPride 2023.
The perfect representation of Sydney’s WorldPride festival, Courtney’s figure stands front and centre of the Darling Harbour attraction’s interactive space that celebrates love, equality, diversity, and pays homage to Sydney’s LGBTQIA+ community.
“2023 is a non-stop celebration for Sydney-siders and the LGBTQIA+ community! Wax Courtney Act staring in the new PRIDE zone at Madame Tussauds Sydney is a big red, shiny cherry on the top of a glittering cake of a year! "Anyone growing up in my generation thinks of being a Madame Tussauds wax figure as this unrealistic wild and crazy dream. I am incredibly honoured. I think I look uncomfortably unrealistic. It’s so anatomically correct, even capturing my webbed toe and I didn’t know my ass looked that good!” said Courtney Act.
Richard Dilly, General Manager, Madame Tussauds Sydney, commented, “We’re so proud to welcome such a fitting and fabulous leading lady for the launch of our new PRIDE zone, paying homage to Sydney’s LGBTQIA+ community, its struggles, and its achievements! “Courtney is a triple threat, and then some, an internationally celebrated icon, whose advocacy and passion for LGBTQIA+ visibility set the standard, and we can’t wait for guests to come and be inspired by our technicoloured tribute to this absolute Australian force and role model!”
The journey of wax Courtney started taking shape, back in February, when a team of eight from Madame Tussauds took over 100 measurements and 300 photographs over a five-hour sitting, to ensure that an identical wax figure of Courtney could be created in the workshop in London.
Join the pride parade to feel the pride with your favourite queer icons and allies by securing your tickets below:
Walk Up Price/Peak Online (Price during School Holidays, Weekends and Public Holidays):
SAVE 20% Online Off Peak (Pre-book online in advance during Weekdays): High Demand Pricing: Adult From $48 From $38.40 $50 Child (3-15 yrs) From $36 From $28.20 $38 Student/Senior* From $39 From $31.20 $41 Child (0-2 yrs) FREE FREE FREE
Please note: Our ticket pricing is subject to available capacity and prices may fluctuate during periods of high demand.
- Bring children under age 3 along with free admission
- Guarantee entry by booking online
When Bought Separately
- Choose from: SEA LIFE Aquarium, WILD LIFE Sydney Zoo or Sydney Tower Eye
- Visit your second attraction within 30 days after you have visited Madame Tussauds – please note that Sydney Tower Eye is currently closed on Tuesdays & Wednesdays outside of school holidays
When Bought Separately
- Choose from: WILD LIFE Sydney Zoo, Madame Tussauds Sydney or Sydney Tower Eye
- Visit your second attraction within 30 days after you have visited madame Tussauds – please note that Sydney Tower Eye is currently closed on Tuesdays & Wednesdays outside of school holidays
- Avoid the crowds - perfect for mid-week visits
- Exclusive benefits - 10% off retail & 20% off food & beverage
- Discounts on a selection of attraction experiences