Go back to news updates
Iconic Sydney Attractions to Reopen
- Tuesday 5th October 2021
In line with the NSW Government’s announcement allowing indoor entertainment venues to begin trading again once NSW reaches its 70% vaccination target, Merlin Entertainments is thrilled to announce re-opening dates of their NSW attractions.
- SEA LIFE Sydney Aquarium, WILD LIFE Sydney Zoo and Madame Tussauds Sydney will reopen on Thursday 14th October
- Sydney Tower Eye & SKYWALK following closely behind on Saturday 16th October.
- The Illawarra Fly Treetop Adventures & Zip line will reopen on Monday 25th October.
The iconic attractions will once again welcome guests to experience their magic with capacity restrictions and COVID-19 safe measures in place to ensure peace of mind, health and safety.
In addition to welcoming fully vaccinated guests only in line with Government guidance, other hygiene and safety measures in place will include the requirement for guests over the age of 12 to wear a mask, all attractions being cashless operations, allocated time-slots for guests, the use of additional Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and clothing for staff, the provision of spatial separation markings, hygiene screens and enhanced cleaning regimes. For more information on Merlin’s safety measures see here.
“After such a long period of being closed we are beyond excited about welcoming our guests back into our attractions,” said Ian Wood, Regional Director for Merlin Entertainments ANZ.
“Our animals have missed the daily interaction with our guests and our staff have missed doing what they do best; creating magical memories for all. Of course, safety is our number one priority and we feel extremely confident in being able to deliver a safe day out for our guests, who will need to book online and in advance so they don’t miss out,” continued Wood.
Merlin Entertainments have been hard at work gearing up to return to business with the below on offer across the attractions upon reopening:
- Madame Tussauds Sydney: Fashion icon and all-round powerhouse, Zendaya, has arrived at Madame Tussauds Sydney and will be here for a limited time only! Fans can strike a pose with the queen of style herself in the Fashion Zone at the Darling Harbour attraction.
- WILD LIFE Sydney: Be quick to visit our adorable koala joeys as they explore life outside of mum’s pouch. You can go on an Aussie Adventure at the Darling Harbour zoo, home to our iconic Aussie characters such as Ringo the wombat, Davey the quokka, Rocky the Saltwater Crocodile, and our furry family of koalas and kangaroos!
- SEA LIFE Sydney Aquarium: It’s Gentoo penguin breeding season at Sydney’s Aquarium, right in the heart of Sydney. Watch as the adorable pairs couple up and build their nests – did you know penguins show their love by bowing to one another? You can fall in love all over again with ‘Sydney’s Aquarium’ and meet the best of Australia’s marine life AND the stars of the attraction’s famous live streams which have kept thousands of families entertained whilst the attraction has been closed.
- Sydney Tower Eye: Bricktastic news! Due to popular demand, the LEGO® brick experience, Brickman Cities powered by LEGO® City at Sydney Tower Eye has been extended until January 2022! The exhibition has been a smash hit with tickets selling fast. And to celebrate the news, Sydney Tower Eye is premiering a brand-new LEGO® City 4D movie - Officer in Pursuit - seen for the first time ever in NSW!
- Illawarra Fly Treetop Walk and Zip Line: Immerse yourself in nature on a walk through the treetops. The Treetop Walk is a 1.5km walk through the beautiful warm temperate rainforest with 500 metres of steel walkway nestled in the treetop canopy some 20-30 metres above the ground. Or for those more daring, take a ride on the highest zipline in Australia and experience an eco-wilderness adventure that takes place in the magnificent Illawarra rainforest.