Go back to top
Boxing champ Manny Pacquiao is new addition to Madame Tussauds Hong Kong
- Tuesday 23rd November 2021
- Madame Tussauds Hong Kong
- What's New
(Hong Kong, 23 November 2021) Tourist favourite Madame Tussauds Hong Kong introduces another global icon to its roster, as world boxing champion Manny Pacquiao joins other superstars in the famed wax attraction’s Asian flagship.
Pacquiao’s inclusion comes just a month after he announced his retirement from the sport. Pacquiao joins Miss Universe 2015 Pia Wurtzbach as the only Filipinos to have their own likeness created by the wax artists at Madame Tussauds, with Pacquiao as the first Filipino male to have his own installation in the attraction.
Making the wax figure extra special, Pacquiao donated the boxing garb that his wax figure wears, and considers them to be among his lucky garments throughout his boxing career. “Pacman (Pacquiao’s monicker) fans will be delighted to see our take on Manny Pacquiao at Madame Tussauds Hong Kong. From the attire, the physical features and details, and even the setup, it will be like watching the boxing star in action,” says General Manager, Hong Kong Cluster Eric Mak.
The Pacquiao wax figure is set in a boxing ring, giving fans around the world the chance to take fun snapshots with him in action. The Pacquiao in the ring attraction at Madame Tussauds Hong Kong is a fitting tribute to one of boxing’s greatest athletes, whose over 25 years in the sport saw him slam boxing records and go up against other boxing greats.
Craftsmanship fit for a champ
Pacquiao started his professional boxing career in 1995 and retired only this October at age 42. He is the only boxer to become a champion in eight divisions and to clinch 12 world titles. Some of his most notable fights include bouts with Marco Antonio Barrera, Erik Morales, Juan Manuel Marquez, Oscar De La Hoya, and Floyd Mayweather.
“I am amazed at the final product. It looks so much like me. I am excited for my fans to see this and get to take pictures. It’s like being together in the boxing ring. I’m honoured to be chosen for this opportunity, and grateful to Madame Tussauds for their wonderful work on my wax figure,” Pacquiao comments.
Madame Tussaud also shares that it took six hours to measure Pacquiao for his wax figure. “We put great effort in accurate detailing to bring an unmatched experience for fans of the global icons we have at Madame Tussauds. Our team is proud to launch such an iconic athlete at Madame Tussauds and we can’t wait for Pacquiao’s Filipino and global fans to see him in action at Madame Tussauds Hong Kong,” Mak adds.
Special Pacquiao promo
The Pacquiao wax launch was hosted by Madame Tussauds Hong Kong virtually, with Pacquiao gracing the event and doing a short interview. As a special treat for Pacquiao’s Pinoy fans, Madame Tussauds Hong Kong announced a special package promo for those looking to visit soon. Get your ticket from Madame Tussauds Hong Kong official website with the promo code “manny2021” now. For only PHP 1,200 (HK$ 178), visitors at Madame Tussauds get an admission ticket plus a VIP Digi photo pass* to take a snapshot with Pacman on the ring.
*4R size digital photos can be downloaded from the VIP Digi Photo Pass.
Terms and conditions:
- Promotional Offers cannot be sold*, redeemed for cash and other products; nor be used with other promotional offers, like Birthday Offer.
- Admission tickets are subject to terms and conditions of Madame Tussauds Hong Kong.
- Terms and conditions of Madame Tussauds Hong Kong are subject to change without further notice.
- Madame Tussauds Hong Kong reserves the right for any final decision in case of dispute.
- *Selling includes any attempt to sell offers through any channel. Offers will be void once any of such attempt is detected regardless of result.
- Discounted Single Entry to Madame Tussauds Hong Kong
- Bring children under age 3 along with free admission
- Join the famous fun party at Madame Tussauds Hong Kong and Entry to the ultimate indoor LEGO playground
- Ticket is valid for 30 days from your first visit Madame Tussauds
For Reservation details please click HERE.