- Madame Tussauds Berlin, Golden 20's
Charlie Chaplin im Madame Tussauds Berlin
Did you know?
- Sir Charles "Charlie" Chaplin was born in London on April 16, 1888.
- In 1914, Chaplin made his breakthrough with the silent film comedy 'The Tramp'. The figure he devised is characterized by a mustache, trousers and shoes that are much too large, and a bowler hat.
- At 25, Chaplin was the highest-paid film artist in the world.
- In 1972, he received the American film award "Oscar" for his life's work. At the ceremony, he received a 12-minute round of applause from the audience - a record in Oscars history to this day.
- In 1975 he was knighted by Queen Elizabeth II.