''“I’m the best there is at what I do”
- Hugh Jackman is portrayed here as the mutant ‘Wolverine’ in X-Men Origins: Wolverine (2009)
- On February 22, 2009, Jackman hosted the 81st Annual Academy Awards®, bringing his showmanship to Hollywood’s Kodak Theatre in
celebration of outstanding achievements in film in 2008
- At over 6 feet he is nearly a foot taller than Marvel’s ‘Wolverine’ who is 5’3”. Director Bryan Singer shot him from unusual angles and had other actors stand on boxes to please fans of the comics
- Born Hugh Michael Jackman on October 12, 1968 in Sydney, Australia
- Wolverine made his first appearance in Marvel comic books in Incredible Hulk #180 (October 1974).
- As a mutant Wolverine possesses animal-keen senses, enhanced physical capabilities, retracting adamantium claws, and a healing factor that allows him to quickly recover from any physical wound. Wolverine later joined the X-Men team where his popularity grew due to his tough anti-authority/anti-hero persona. He is also currently a member of the New Avengers and X-Force. He is the best there is at what he does.
Marvel, X-Men and all related characters: TM & © 2009 Marvel Characters, Inc. All rights reserved. X-Men Origins: Wolverine, the Movie: © 2009 Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation. All rights reserved.www.marvel.com