The clever detective
Gereon Rath is a young detective who transferred from Cologne to Berlin to investigate a blackmail case for Konrad Adenauer. At his police unit, he begins the investigation together with his partner Bruno Wolter, and they are assisted by Charlotte Ritter. During the investigations, Rath gets more and more involved in the Berlin underworld and the boundaries between good and evil and friend and foe become blurred.
The detective also faces some challenges in his private life. As a veteran of the First World War, he suffers from the loss of his brother Anno and the widespread war tremors of the time. His relationships with his sister-in-law and nephew also regularly present him with difficult decisions.
Fun Facts about Volker Bruch
- Volker Bruch was born in Munich on 9 March 1980.
- Bruch trained at the Ernst Busch Academy of Dramatic Art in Berlin and has already appeared in several international film productions, including "Der Baader Meinhof Komplex" and "Generation War".
- As a voice actor, he has voiced the character "Hiccup" in the German version of the animated film "Drachenzähmen leicht gemacht", among others.
- He is an avid musician, plays guitar and is a big soccer fan, supporting FC Bayern Munich.
- Bruch has a daughter named Lotta and lives in Brandenburg.